DIRECT YOUR PURPOSE
10-Day Purpose Retreat in Ghana
The Direct Your Purpose Retreat is an immersive experience designed to help you find clarity and direction on your journey of self-discovery. These ten-day experiences provide you with the tools you need to identify your values, set meaningful goals, and create a sustainable plan for success.
DYP Retreats are perfect for creators, founders, and entrepreneurs who are looking to :
- Get clear on their Purpose
- Create a personal or professional development plan to push them toward their goals.
- Invest in themselves and their growth.
- Connect to West-African culture and embrace their identity with other like-minded individuals.
DYP retreats help you focus on creating a new perspective of your possibilities in the world.
This experience will help you identify your potential, release what is no longer serving you and, manifest your goals.
Upcoming Trip Dates:
- July 13 - 22, 2023
- Dec 28, 2023 - Jan 6 (2024)
During this retreat, you will...
- Participate in reflective sessions to connect to your authentic self and inner-why.
- Reflect and Journal on your experience.
- Receive one-on-one coaching sessions with Ruby.
- Participate in group coaching sessions.
- Take part in creative workshops led by local artists to help you tap into your creativity.
- Have fun at local night spots and beaches!
This retreat will provide you with the time, space, and guidance to finally tap into your purpose. You'll receive clarity about your next steps and develop a plan to live your purpose. You'll also connect with others who can support you on your journey.
Why is this retreat important to your business, project, or idea?
A purpose retreat is an excellent way to jumpstart new ideas and a new perspective. It allows you to take the time to reflect on your goals and develop a clear plan of action. The retreat is a great way to connect with others, get inspired, and receive support and accountability on your goals.
This is an intimate experience with only 10 spots available, so you'll definitely want to claim your seat fast!
Benefits of Attending A Purpose Retreat
1) Get Away from the Day-to-Day: Disconnecting from the hustle and bustle of your everyday life will allow you to focus on what's really important - finding your purpose.
2) Receive Clarity and Direction: My expert guidance, along with the clarity sessions and visualization exercises, will help you finally receive the clarity and direction you've been seeking.
3) Connect with Like-minded Individuals: Attending the retreat will allow you to connect with other like-minded individuals who are also on the journey to finding their purpose.
Your 10-Day retreat experience will include:
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
- Accommodation and transportation
- Welcome dinner upon arrival
- A 3-Day retreat intensive (Accra)
- Journal reflection sessions throughout the experience
- Cultural activities and excursions
- Rest, relax, and rejuvenation
- Travel to other parts of the country (Cape Coast and Kumasi)
- Ceremony at Chief's Palace with drumming and dancing
- Kumasi Cultural Center
- Kejetia Market, largest open-air market in West Africa
- Village of Bonwire (Kente)
- Cape Coast Castle / Door of No Return
- Kakum National Park
- African naming ceremony
(Subject to change)
Ruby Maddox - Purpose Coach & Strategic Design Consultant
My first trip to Ghana in 2010 was truly transformational. I had never traveled outside the U.S. before and was completely blown away by the culture, the food, the music, and the people.
This experience also shifted my thinking. I realized I was so much more capable than I thought. I became someone who was open to new possibilities. I was more confident. I felt like I could take on the world. Most importantly, I stopped shrinking from my purpose and my vision. I realized that everything was possible and that I had the power to make my dreams come true.
This is what I want for you.
This retreat is designed to be a transformational opportunity that will shift your mindset and change your life. I want you to embrace your power and come away from this experience with a renewed sense of purpose, confidence, and possibility.
Book a call with me or complete the form below and tell me more about your needs.
Culture Beyond Borders (CBB) stands for a future where international travel and intercultural understanding is commonplace. CBB believes that our best hope for a more compassionate and accepting world lies in cross-cultural collaborations. CBB sees international travel experience as essential for those looking to change the world. In response, CBB is here to develop and support curious travelers and interculturally-competent adventurers.
- Price for retreat: $3350/person (double room)
- $3650/person (single room)
Early-bird Discount: Make a deposit of $500 before 3/31/23 and receive $250-off double occupancy and $500-off single occupancy. (payment plans available).
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfare to Ghana
- Visa Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Additional excursions
- Personal items and Gifts
- Alcoholic beverages during meals
(Travel assistance available)
TRAVEL INSURANCE:Trip insurance is recommended. You can purchase travel insurance on your own.
- Travel Guard
- GeoBlue (Health Insurance)
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO CONTACT DIRECT YOUR PURPOSE.
How can we support your goals today?
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the cost of the retreat?
The cost for this 10-day retreat is $3350 for double occupancy. A $500 deposit is required to reserve your space. After reserving your spot, feel free to pay in either weekly, bi-weekly or monthly increments until your remaining balance is due. (Balance must be paid 10 days before the first day of the retreat)
When and Where is the Retreat?
There are 2 trip dates: July 13 - 22 and Dec 28 - Jan 6 (2024) in Ghana. We will spend the first part of the trip in the capital city of Accra before heading to Cape Coast and Kumasi. We will be staying in Accra, Cape Coast, and Kumasi..
Is there anything not included in the retreat enrollment?
Flight and Visa fees. Please note, you will be flying into Kotoka International airport in Accra. We will need to know your arrival time to arrange for your ground transportation.
Can I book a private room?
Yes, $3650 is the single room, while the double occupancy is $3350.
What happens if the retreat is canceled due to unforeseen events?
If some out-of-the-ordinary disaster happens (ie. global pandemic travel restrictions) and the retreat can no longer take place at its scheduled date, we will simply reschedule the retreat for a later time.
When do I have to sign up by?
The sooner, the better, as there are only 10 available spots for this retreat.
If you would like to take advantage of any type of payment plan.
If you are paying in full, you can join anytime 6 weeks prior to the retreat date as long as there is still space.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
Direct Your Purpose reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason, but will not cancel a retreat less than 60 days before departure except for unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside of Direct Your Purpose’s control.
Cancellation by Participant:
Please be sure you want to attend. While we understand that life happens, we cannot refund or transfer any deposits for our retreats. Please note that there will be no refunds or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. We wish we could compensate people for unforeseen circumstances (injury, family emergency, etc), but we have costs already incurred when reserving retreat centers and excursions. In order to protect yourself, purchase travel insurance prior to your trip.
Cancellation by Direct Your Purpose:
We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure due to natural disasters, terrorism, political instability, COVID-19, or other external events that make it no longer viable to operate the planned retreat. If your trip is canceled, we will notify you immediately and provide instructions for the next steps. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, credits will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
Got Questions? Email [email protected]